|date of the meeting||2012/09/11|
|e.g. IS-lab, project name, ...||islab|
|list of people (optional)|
- decide to start taking meeting notes
- Anita presents outreach to kids, we'll have tech fest next summer along with utexpo
- think of demos you can show kids
- best suited are things that your students do
discuss EIS-master redesign again
- based on [[File:EIS-master-ISlab-brainstorm-2012-09-04.pdf] and earlier discussions
- we'll have track responsibles:
- Björn and Roland for the "Mobile & Autonomous Systems"
- Stefan B and Slawomir for "Data & Knowledge Engineering" / "Data Science & Engineering" / "Knowledge Discovery"
- the responsibles hash out a detailed course proposal
- discussions about where to put math contents, where to put specifics
- do we need / want CPS mandatory at the beginning?
- do we want SSRA ...
- the biggest problem is going to be limited time: we only have 2 years in total for the EIS master
CPS: Cyber-Physical Systems (started last year)
- Makes sense inside Mobile & Autonomous Systems Track?
- maybe not good as mandatory for signals students
- what literature does Walid use?
SSRA: Signal and System Representation and Analysis (idea for new course)
- we thought of pushing the math required for this into an earlier mandatory math course
- discrete transforms
- but we seem to agree that the signals aspect needs to be prominent in there
- where should 3D computer vision live?
- seems to fit better in robotics
- make proposal for two tracks
- explicit prerequisites
- start at the end: what shoud the students know
- this will allows us to better discuss with CC-lab and others to synchronize
- think more about first semester!
- involve CC lab, Jörgen
- we have to find a common view of what are the prerequisites for all of our courses